Secluded hamlet location, halfway between Mialet and Firbeix and only 10km from La Coquille with its shops, bank and a railway station. This property has plenty of character: beams, fireplace, wooden floors and original stonewalls. It has been renovated with taste. It could be a holiday home or a family home.
This lovely stone built house consists of a entrance leading straight in to:
– the living room (21 m2) with original fireplace
– the kitchen (16 m2), fully fitted, with high ceiling and big French doors opening onto the terrace
– dining room/office (11m2) with in the back the downstairs toilet (3,5 m2)
Stairs lead from the living room to the first floor landing (6 m2), of which are:
– bedroom 1 (8 m2) with built in closet and sloping ceilings.
– bedroom 2 (10 m2) with built in closet and sloping ceilings.
– bedroom 3 (10 m2) with built in closet and sloping ceilings.
– on the gallery (9 m2) is room for 2 more beds; it has a balcony overlooking the kitchen
– family bathroom (6 m2) with bath, hand basin and toilet
An architect renovated this former barn 25 years ago. The property is well maintained but needs to be refreshed. The septic tank has to be replaced.
At the front is the large terrace with barbecue. The garden is mainly lawn, so easy to maintain.
The old farmhouse (33 m2) with adjoining barn (86 m2) has lots of potential and could be converted into 1 or 2 gites. It has a large terrace at the back. The well and bread oven are situated behind the old farmhouse.
The property is only 4,5 km from the centre of the village of Mialet and 5 km to the centre of Firbeix, 10km from La Coquille, 11km from the larger town of Chalus.
La Coquille is a small town with good facilities including a supermarket, shops, garden centre, bank, post office, restaurants, schools, doctor, dentist and train station, and there is a traditional weekly market. Chalus is a larger town with all amenities including supermarkets, shops, bars, restaurants, banks, post office and weekly market.
Limoges airport is only 43km away and the station at La Coquille has good rail links to Perigueux and form there to Bordeaux and in the other direction to Limoges and from there to Paris.